Saturday, February 12, 2011

New Favorite Thing

Today was the 9 miler, the last long run in the single digits for a few weeks!  I was really nervous about this one because last weeks 8 was really painful.  All I can say is I survived it and it went surprisingly well.  Marissa and I ended up running into Emily (no pun intended) right around mile 2 and she showed us a back way to run to EMU.  I felt like death around mile 4 when we hit some hills with an awful headwind.  We made it to EMU for a water break and I tried out my new favorite thing- Power Bar Energy Blasts.  They are like big gummy gushers and are pretty tasty.  You are supposed to take them with water so I chowed down on a few while we were at a water fountain and man did I feel a boost after that.
I thought maybe I was giving these things a little too much credit and it was the water break/few minute rest that helped, but I took a water break last week without these and actually felt worse after.  Anyway whether there is some kind of actual benefit or it's all in my head, I'll definitely be stocking up on these for my longer runs.  Oh and the other plus, they didn't make my stomach hurt at all when I started running again.   

As far as arms/abs today, that is a no go.  The 9 miles was plenty and I need to rest.  My plan is to get in at least 15 minutes tomorrow while giving my legs the day off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment