Wednesday, February 9, 2011

From 0 to 60

So what is the whole point of this blog?  To keep me motivated and accountable for a self-change project I'm doing for a cognitive-behavior intervention class.  Since I'm already training to run a half marathon my cardio workouts are under control.  Unfortunately I've been neglecting my arms and abs so my goal is to go from 0 minutes a week of lifting/core workouts to 60 minutes a week. 

I'm not going to be strict about scheduling or minutes per day because that would just set me up for failure.  It's all about being flexible so if it happens to be 15 minutes 4 days a week one week, 30 minutes twice a week the next, or a full hour sometime down the road, that's fine. 

The other good news is that I don't have to get to a gym to accomplish this.  Luckily my roommate has weights and an exercise ball she has generously offered to let me use (thanks Erin!) so I don't even have to leave my apartment to accomplish this.  The best news: I can watch TV while doing it- I'm a TV junkie so that is pretty awesome.

Oh and last but not least feel free to leave me some inspiration!  Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment