Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Cake Batter Pancakes!

So I finally had an occasion to make these cake batter pancakes (happy birthday mom!) which comes from this recipe at How Sweet It Is.

The pancakes
The frosting/glaze with lots of sprinkles
The finished product
The only change I made was halving the recipe (which still made 8 pancakes).  It's also really important to cook them on lower heat.  I cooked them at 300 instead of the usual 375.  This keeps them from getting brown and hiding all of the sprinkles.  Next time I wouldn't add any sugar to the batter because with the sugary glaze you won't miss it in the pancakes.  You should try them, they are really fun!

I also made Marissa's amazing chocolate peanut butter cake for my whole family.  It was a big hit and this is all that's left.  It took some serious will power not to eat this yesterday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment